[THIN] Citrix Farm issues

  • From: "Terry Hadden" <terry.hadden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:36:00 -0800

Hi all,=20

I have a client with a Citrix farm with 2 servers, TS1 and TS2.  We are =
using a program called Epicor Ebackoffice 7.31 on SP1A.  This resides on =
a Windows 2000 server and is an application available to 50+ users in =
the Citrix Metaframe XPa farm running on FR3.  Unfortunately the client =
is in Washington and I am in San Diego, so troubleshooting over the =
phone is rather hard.  Any help would be appreciated.  On to the =
details.

The problem is as follows:

When only TS2 is running, everything is hunky dory.  When TS1 and TS2 =
are running, users suffer the following problems:

*In one session printers will be there, if they logout and back in =
printers will disappear.

*Reports are generated and preferences set in Epicor(it uses Crystal as =
a reports interface) and they are gone in the next session

*Modules will be available in one session, locked in the next. =20

Stuff like that.  The only thing that fixes it for a short time is to =
reboot the Citrix servers.  Quite nerve racking for 50+ clients.  Epicor =
when run on Citrix creates a temp folder in the users temp directory =
called e.  Each users temp folder is stored in C:\Documents and =
Settings\%username%\local settings\temp.

The question is, due to it being a farm, should the temp directory be =
located elsewhere?  If the session is authenticated by the other server =
would this screw things up, even though the "e" temp files are removed =
after the session closes?

Thanks!
   =20

Terry Hadden
Manager of IT Services
BARSA
12264 El Camino Real, Suite 400
San Diego, CA  92130
(858) 244-5033
terry.hadden@xxxxxxxxxxx
www.barsaco.com

Exceeding the Accounting and Information Technology needs of today's =
emerging business!!!

This weeks sponsor Emergent Online.
consulting services you can depend on.
http://www.go-eol.com