[THIN] Re: Citrix Deployments in Healthcare

  • From: Bob <bobmails@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:49:59 -0400

If you have access to AD/GPO's...

You can create a policy that disconnects after adequate idle time, and
then resets the connection after an appropriate timeout.

So, what is "adequate" and "appropriate"?  The long way, but best in
any environment is to catalog user activity.  I'll leave the sermon on
setting user expectations for a sidebar.  In most environments I allow
30-60 minutes of idleness, and then 10-15 minutes of disconnect prior
to sending their sessions to the afterlife.

If I have a group of users that really need to be idle, I give them a
policy with a much longer idle time... 9 hrs.  Explicit only, never
anonymous exceptions.

HIPAA... remember, those regs pertain both inside and outside the
hospital doors, so careful on what you publish and how.

Amen,
Bob