[THIN] Re: Citrix Cloud* Apps

  • From: Magnus Hjorleifsson <magnus@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 18:04:34 -0400

Citrix hasnt come out with an "official" name for the next version of
XenApp as of yet

Cloud gateway has 3 components
1. Citrix Access gateway / netscaler/VPX for remote access (if you already
have one you need to update firmware to 10.7.70 or higher)
2. AppController - this handles the Single Singon and provisioning of SAAS
based internal and external applications (although workflow for the request
approval is limited to a few of their 'canned' connectors)
3. Store Front - this is the replacement for WI, however everything that I
have been reading and hearing, Citrix wants to move away from the Web UI
and move more towards the natvie reciever client (which gives you a bunch
more features)

Cloud Portal - this is for their ISV's that do IaaS or PaaS.  Actually
pretty neat and ties in with CloudStack (commerical version of Open Stack)
that handles Network, storage and VM provisioning across mutliple
hypervisors and storage vendors (Vendor agnostic which is nice)

Cloud Platform I think is a combination of a few of the above

Cloud bridge - lets you 'bridge' internal cloud with public cloud