[THIN] Changing usernames

  • From: Jason Patten <pattenj@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 11:32:09 -0400

I have a situation where I need to change the usernames for over 200 users.

We are using NT4 TSE.  I know of being able to  create users and change
passwords from the command line for a list of users with the following

For /f "tokens=1,2" %i in (c:\<userlist>) do net user %i %j /add /domain

Is there a way to use the net user command to change usernames?
The reason is this All our usernames start off with a 4 letter code that
identifies the company they are in, and one of our customers has changed the
name of their company, as a result I need to change the 4 letter code at the
beginning of the username.  But with over 200 users in this company alone it
would be tedious to say the least.

Any ideas?

Jason Patten
M3 Tech support
Ph.(770) 297 1925 x266
Email: jason@xxxxxxxx
YahooID: jasonrpatten

670,616,629 mph.  Its not just a good idea, its the law.