[THIN] Changing client name display in CMC

  • From: "Paul DeHaan" <wppad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 13:18:50 -0400

When viewing a users session in the CMC, what is it (on the client side)
that sets the ica client name?  I thought that it was the WFCNAME.INI
file that is placed in c:\ (usually).  On my own machine I tried
changing this parameter and restarting.  Once back in a session, the CMC
still showed the old setting, and not what is in the .ini file??  Any
ideas?

Basically I have a number of users logging in with the same user name,
and since the client name is showing up the same as the logon account
name, it is difficult to kill sessions (because I see 20 "user1"
sessions) and printing isn't very happy with this.

Thanks,

Paul DeHaan CCNA, CCA...
Network Administrator
J.M. Huber Corp.

------------>
"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity
which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary,
and/or
privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you
received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from
all
computers."
This Week's Sponsor - Emergent Online
Essential Thin Client Utilities.
Meet Jim Kenzig of thethin.net at the Emergent Online
Booth #24 at Citrix iForum on October 13th.
http://www.go-eol.com