[THIN] Re: Changing Registry permissions

  • From: "Doug Rooney" <Doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 10:17:54 -0700

Neil,

Unfortunately I didn't, I inherited this, I came from a Unix world and I
am still learning the windows stuff, we had a consultant set everything
up, then he dropped off the face of the earth. I have learned a lot
about AD and policies, but I am quite the novice compared to you all,
which is why I ask for help. I prefer to look dumb and ask obvious
questions, that just 'try it' and screw something up. One thing out
friendly consultant did was create a group called "Many Rights" and then
made everyone a member of it, well, "Many Rights" was just another name
for Administrator, so everyone could do anything, what a flipping mess
that was, he did it because there was a permissions issue and instead of
figuring it out and fixing it, he just made "Many Rights", I finally
figured out the issue and fixed it, and removed "Many Rights". So I know
I have to change permissions on some Registry Keys, but have only a
slight idea how, and I know I have to have permission as Administrator,
but have no idea how to fix that. So any and all help is greatly
appreciated.

Thank You

~Doug Rooney
Sonoma Tilemakers