[THIN] Re: Changing Netbios name of XP FR3 Server but what about data store server?

  • From: Durf <stygmata@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 17:42:50 -0500

Does the NetBIOS name in your case absolutely have to be *changed*, or
could you get away with just adding an additional NetBIOS name?

I've gotten away with adding a NetBIOS alias in cases where it wasn't
practical or possible to change the original server name.

Adding  a NetBIOS alias to a system:
http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBA/tip0000/rh0062.htm

--
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute.