[THIN] Changing IP Addresses

  • From: "LDeFoor" <citrix@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 08:12:26 -0800

I am not sure if this could be done, and I don't have the extra equipment to
test it, but was wondering if this is feasible

My network consists of a Sonic Wall doing one-to-one nat, and two internal Win2k
MF1.8 Citrix Servers that are on a farm - e i e i o :)

IP addresses are as follows:

Server1  INT 10.10.1.1  EXT xx.xx.xx.xx
Server2  INT 10.10.1.2  EXT xx.xx.xx.xx

My Sonicwall sends UDP and TCP ICA requests for the external IP to the internal
server (pretty typical).

The question is, let us say that server1 dies.  I have remote users that are
connecting to server1 directly.  So I didn't have to contact all the remote
users and have them change to server2 could I, in the sonicwall, forward the
external ip for server1 to the internal IP of server 2 and then do the altaddr
for server2 and have everything function properly?

than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147