[THIN] Re: Changing Global File Associations

  • From: "John Price" <JPrice@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:28:16 -0500

You can enable this functionality by changing the following registry
entry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoFileAssociate"=dword:00000000

Changing this key from its default value of 00000001 enables the File
Types dialog box to function just as it does for other Windows 2000
configurations. Administrators and Power Users can change the global
file type settings for the computer and all of its users.

John

>>> Richard.Larsen@xxxxxx 10/18/02 04:01PM >>>

Hi,
        I am running Citrix V1.8 FR1 on W2K Terminal Server SP3 and
need
to change the global file association for text documents to Notepad.
For
Some reason it was changed to Editpadpro.

        In order to do this I think you have to change a policy in the
registry. I can't remember what.

        If somebody knows which registry entry, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Rich