[THIN] Re: Cesura - Jim Read this.

  • From: Chris Buechler <cbuechler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:56:55 -0400

On 8/18/05, Landin, Mark <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Likewise, had one this morning. Do they think they are making
> > friends targeting lists like this. I think I will give them a
> > call and offer them a piece of my mind.
> >
> > As if now I would ever give them my business.
>
> It only takes one person to bite to make it all worthwhile to them. It's
> the mathematics of spamming, and it leans heavily in favor of the
> spammer.

I got it too.  They're now on my "vendor black list".

Even if they do get one hit, they're still pissing off a few hundred
other potential customers by spamming them, then a couple thousand by
us moaning about it on the list.  :)  The economics in the B2B world
is a lot different from general spamming.  They're making a bad name
and reputation for themselves amongst a large community of potential
customers and referral sources.  In their line of business, name and
reputation are huge.

-Chris
This Weeks Sponsor: triCerat Inc.
You need Day Zero Protection!
Get Proactive with triCerat's Simplify Suite.
Solve printing, security and profile problems before they occur.
http://www.tricerat.com/?thethintl2