[THIN] Re: Certificates and profiles

  • From: "Kevin Stewart" <kevin.g.stewart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 08:47:56 -0500

Its likely that the certificate isn't "trusted" by the system. Open up the
certificate details when you get the prompt, go to the last tab, I think its
"Certification Path", and look at the trust chain. You'll see the
certificate that's being presented and potentially another certificate above
it that is the parent, or root of this one. One or both of those will
probably have a red X next to them. If so download and install that/these
certificates in the computers trusted or intermediate trust stores. The
prompt essentially means "Hey, the server you're talking to is passing a
server certificate that I don't trust. Are you sure you want to start a
dialog?" If you install the certificates the computer will then implicitly
trust the server. Additionally, I believe each user has their own
certificate store, so you may need to install in the computer's store for
them to be global. Otherwise I don't believe it has anything to do with
roaming profiles and Vista probably remembers the user's first response to
the prompt.

Give that a try.

Kevin

--