[THIN] Re: Certificates and profiles

  • From: "peter_dibbens" <peter_dibbens@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 07:25:45 +1000

I have used Portable profiles in environments with up to 1000 users to date.

Rename the INI and use GPOs for configuration it works fine. A few bugs I
have seen are workable. Also works well for migrating roaming profiles to
portable profiles. I still use environment variables for the store path to
suit different Oss (XP Vista 2003 2008 etc)

I use this for XenDesktop and XenApp now by default (licensing permitting.)
The main gotcha is the exclusion of registry settings associated with Group
Policy do not exclude them(The default in the INI file)

The other thing is it does not clone well, I haven't looked into this to
date but will look into it when I get time.

Thanks Peter