[THIN] Cert for CSG server

  • From: "Dirk Blose" <Dirk.Blose@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:20:17 -0400

I'm trying to get the Cert for our CSG server setup properly and having =
problems. Here's what I'm doing according to the Secure Gateway Admin =
Guide.

1. On CSG Create Certificate Request file.
2. Go to Verisign Request cert based on Certreq.txt file.
3. Import x.509 Cert from Verisign.
4. Export Cert to PKCS #12 file Cert.pfx
5. Import Cert.pfx file.

After having gone through these hoops, I get and error when lauching a =
connection through the CSG. The error is as follows;

The thirdparty SSL provider cannot Proceed (SSL error 5)

In examining the Finaly Cert imported it shows that it does not have a =
valid Digital Signature.

Anyone have any idea how I'm screwing this up? I tried the systems with an =
internally issued cert and everything works.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Dirk Blose, MCSE, CCA
Lead Technical Analyst