[THIN] Re: Capturing time since login

  • From: Mark Cook <mc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:07:37 -0000

I've got a util I wrote recently that will calculate the elapsed time
between two existing processes, eg. Once logged in say you ran notepad this
util could tell you the elapsed time between starting explorer.exe and
notepad.exe - so long as both processes are still running.

Only prob with this situation is that perhaps the time since Winlogon.Exe as
it's launched by the listener so the time between winlogon.exe and
explorer.exe may be excessive.  However, if you can get another process
involved during USERINIT to hang around long enough you could use this to
calc the time elapsed and log to a file !!!

If you want to take a look give me a shout offlist

Mark