[THIN] Re: Can't connect to a CTX server. The CTX server you have selected is not accepting connections.

  • From: Jim Kenzig <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 10:55:52 -0500

From Citrix KB
Check Registry for WDICA key

Symtoms

1. Unable to telnet to port 1494. Connecting to servername. Could not open a
connection to host on port 1494: Connect failed.

2. NetStat -a does not show the server listening on port 1494.

3. A Microsoft RDP connection works.

4. Idle sessions are available and the ICA listener is created and enabled.

Reproducible Steps

1. Run regedt32.

2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WDICA.

3. Save the key.

4. Delete the key.

5. Reboot the server.

6. Make a custom ICA connection to the server IP address.

Resolution

1. Run regedt32.

2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services.

3. Create a key named WDICA.

4. Manually add the following values:

ErrorControl: REG_DWORD : 0

Start: REG_DWORD : 0x3

Type: REG_DWORD : 0x1

5. Reboot the server.

6. During the reboot of the server in step 5, a subkey named Enum will be
created with the following values.

0 : REG_SZ : Root\LEGACY_WDICA\0000

Count : REG_DWORD : 0x1

NextInstance : REG_DWORD : 0x1

7. Make a Custom ICA Connection to the servers IP address.

If the above steps do not resolve the issue, check for the existence of
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_WDICA and its
subkeys. You may need to add permissions to this key in order to save and
restore the key from a working server. When this key is manually deleted and
the server is rebooted, the key should regenerate itself.

NOTE: The cause for the disappearance or corruption of these registry keys
is currently unknown
JK