[THIN] Cannot connect to Citrix server from behind an ISA proxy

  • From: george.wasgatt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 15:59:02 -0400

We recently were asked to install a proxy server in our network.  We chose
the M$ ISA server.  Initial tests show that we can no longer connect to
Citrix servers over the Internet from behind the ISA server.  We know the
problem is in the ISA server because when we drop the proxy settings from IE
we connect just fine.  Here is the error message IE gives when we try
launching published applications from the NFUSE web site:

Cannot connect to the Citrix Metaframe server.
Proxy connection failed: The configured proxy server refused to establish a
conection.

Note that I can telnet to the site using the external IP address on port
1494.  There are no authentication requirements on the ISA server (and
people can surf just fine through it).  The template.ica file on the NFUSE
server has the proxytype=auto entry in it.  Citrix technical support gave me
plenty of things to check but nothing has panned out so far, including
trying to connect using the full ICA client.  Does anyone on this list have
an ISA proxy server running with Citrix?
This weeks sponsor - Emergent Online 99Point9.com
Designed to facilitate efficient resolution of your technical server-based
questions, issues and incidents, technical support is a few mouse-clicks away:
you submit your incident-specific support requests via our online support
helpdesk, our certified engineers resolve them while you monitor the progress,
and your systems get back to 99.9% up-time in no time.
http://www.99point9.com