[THIN] Can I lock auto created printer resolution

  • From: jstrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 16:18:08 -0400

PS 4, and I have some very frustrated users.  I have users with LPT1
printers.  They auto create just fine, they use the right driver.  LJ
6L's, 1100, are the general problem.  What happens is if they print at
600 DPI, it prints half the page and then gibberish.

If I have the user change the DPI to 300, we're fine.  I've tried
changing the local settings at the client to 300 DPI and no joy.  The
server still shows it up as 600 DPI (which of course the user can then
change on a session by session basis)

Policy?  How in the world could I lock down the setting.  The 1100 I do
not believe will use the UPD (and still print right)  but that might be
an option with the 6L.