[THIN] Re: Can Acrobat PDFWriter be autocreated?

  • From: "Tim Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 19:23:19 -0500

You can't copy them, however with imagination you can install the adobe
drivers without the full product - at least I did so once with Acrobat 5.

What I remember is that you need to open up the msi installers from the cd
with ocra (it is the msi editor from the m$ msdn site).  Distiller is
actually a separate installer on the Adobe Acrobat CD, but I think I had to
dig into the main installer to find the key you need.  The main installer
provides the key when you install the whole product, but if you install
distiller alone, you need to enter the key manually.

Sorry I can't provide the exact details - and if you haven't played with
ocra before this probably isn't a task to start.

tim