[THIN] Re: CTX111464 - CTX_SmaUser Re-creation Tool

  • From: "Adam Granatela" <agranatella@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 22:12:44 -0600

Has anyone had problems with this tool?

My last few posts here have been for a new job as a consultant, and for one
client in particular.  Whoever set up their Citrix farm hosed it
completely.  When I got there they had completely shut off all printer
auto-creation, and were running user based scripts using the rundll32
command to add printers in login scripts.  For each user session.  What a
mess.  Further investigation shows that the ctx_sma user password was hosed
on 2 servers, and the account completely gone on a 3rd.

I used this tool on all 3 servers, and it works fine, until I reboot.  Once
I reboot, the Citrix Print Manager and SMA services fail to start, and when
I start them manually I get an error stating they can't start due to a logon
failure.  For now I've set things to the system account, and printers are
auto-creating using the UPD properly.

What's the fix for this?  Has anyone used this tool and run into this
problem?  Any pointers would be appreciated. I'm still trying to figure out
what sort of Citrix support we have, and considering this strange situation
I'm in, not sure where I'll end up.  Thanks!

Adam

On 2/14/07, Bob Coffman Jr - Info From Data <bcoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

 I've used it on imaged servers and it works.