[THIN] Re: CSG ports

  • From: "Shonk, Joe - Perot" <JShonk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 18:28:02 -0700

Where is your STA service?  Citrix01?

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Riggins [mailto:roger.riggins@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2004 9:49 PM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] CSG ports

I've been noticing what appear to be attempts from CSG to access XML on
the Citrix servers. The following is logged by my PIX syslog:

Deny tcp src dmz:CSG/1991 dst inside:CITRIX01/80 by access-group
"DMZ_ACCESS_INSIDE"

In the documentation, CSG never accesses XML. Correct?

In my setup, CSG and WI are using different NICs on the same server.
Occasionally we have an issue retrieving an application set from WI, and
I'm thinking this may be related. I'm guessing that either requests are
coming from the wrong IP (CSG instead of WI), or I'm supposed to allow
that traffic and missed it in the docs.

Thanks,

Roger Riggins
Network Administrator