[THIN] Re: CSG and WI 2.0

  • From: "Robert Coffman - Info From Data Corporation" <bcoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 08:18:51 -0400

MessageCaution with VMWare Workstation 4.0 - the 1 GB limit applies to the
sum total of _all_ running guests.  If you have 4 guests, each with 256MB,
and try to launch a 5th, no go.

No such limit in ESX (and possibly GSX, although I have no experience with
it.)  In fact, I believe ESX will allow you to overcommit physical RAM,
under the assumption that you won't use it all in a guest OS anyway.

- Bob Coffman