[THIN] Re: CSG and WI 2.0

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 20:49:47 +1000

HI,

CSG and WI on the same box works fine.

Set up your STA. Install IIS on a machine in your DMZ. If you're crazy (or
desperate enough) you can even have the STA running on the same machine.

Make sure you have appropriate service pack levels etc (SP3 or later if
running SG on win2k).

Install the cert using IIS/WI running SSL, then flip back to port 80 only.
To make absolutuely certain, change the IIS port to 442 since I have had a
couple of instances where IIS stayed with a listener on port 443, stuffing
up SG.

Now install and configure SG, use the cert installed for IIS, and set SG to
talk to WI on another machine, but specify the IP address/FQDN of the local
machine. For some reason specifying the localhost has often failed for me.

Then you can set an IIS filter to make sure that nothing from outside
connects directly to IIS on port 80, or just make sure your firewall is set
up to allow incoming connections to SG only on port 443.

regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
rmack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx