[THIN] Re: CSG, STA, and NFuse on same server?

  • From: Carlos Sanabria <csanabria@xxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 13:46:39 -0500

Guys, I sincerely hope you're not getting sick of me commenting on this
particular topic....

To answer your questions:
>Does Citrix recommend installing NFuse, Citrix Secure Gateway,
>and Secure Ticket Authority onto 3 separated servers?

Yes.

>If so, for what reason?

Security and stability, mainly.

>Does anyone out there have all three services implemented on one server?

Do not, under any cricumstances do that. It defies the whole point of CSG if
you put the CSG and the STA on the same box! There is a way to same some $$$
by mixing the Nfuse and CSG roles in a single box (although you have to do
some tweaking to make it work) and mix the MetaFrame and STA roles. If you
want any further info, search the list's archives for the topic, you'll find
a plethora of information and other suggestions on how to achieve this.

Regards,

Carlos Sanabria, CCA, MCSA
IT Consultant

Does Citrix recommend installing NFuse, Citrix Secure Gateway, and Secure
Ticket Authority onto 3 separated servers?

If so, for what reason?

Does anyone out there have all three services implemented on one server?  We
may not have the financial resources to dedicate to three pieces of
hardware.

Thanks,

MMM

---