[THIN] CSG Failed Decryption Error

  • From: "Menicucci, Dan" <dan0@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 17:42:45 -0500

Hello,

I recently ran into a problem with CSG when I try to copy files from a
client to the server.  I have a particular office document that is about
two and a half megabytes.  If I launch PowerPoint and try to load this
document from my client drive, the application terminates part of the
way through loading and gives me an "Error in Connection" message.  If I
go to my CSG server, I see CSG0310 "Connection from client > 123.45.67.8
< failed SSL decryption."  I can reproduce the behavior consistently on
multiple clients.

Not that two and a half megabytes is very large, but I don't have
problems opening documents that are smaller than this.  I also do not
have a problem opening this file if I copy it to the sever first and
then try to open it.  I found one posting suggesting that it may be a
problem with antivirus, but I disabled the real time scanning and I am
still having this problem.

I set the CSG to do full logging and it only shows the CSG0310 error
followed by a "CSG0405 Closed connection from client....".  Has anyone
ever seen this before?  Any ideas how to resolve it?

I am running CSG 1.1, Nfuse 1.71 and Metaframe Xpe FR2.  All of the
machines are on separate boxes and are running Windows 2000 SP3.

TIA,
Dan