[THIN] Re: CSG

  • From: "Parker, Dennis" <Dennis.Parker@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "THIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <THIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 13:57:47 -0600

I'll be a bit more specific now that I have done more testing.

I have made CSG work with a 1.8 server farm now, but only on the standard port
(1494).  How does CSG know when to use a non-standard port, which it will for
the MF XP farm?

More details needed?
Farm 1 - NT-TSE 4.0 with MF 1.8 running on port other than 1494
Farm 2 - Win2K with MF XPa running on same port as Farm 1, still not 1494

Servers from Farm 1 and Farm 2 are all in the Same NT Domain.

Separate boxes for NFuse, CSG and STA (separate from Terminal servers).  None
of these servers are in NT domains.

With Logging turned up on the STA, I can see that the port information gets
passed with the XPa farm  (Farm 2) but not with the 1.8 farm (Farm 1).

I'm assuming that NFuse connecting to the XML service on the Win2K servers that
passes the port information, but what (if anything) can I change on the 1.8 XML
service to get it to do the same thing?

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance again!
Dennis