[THIN] Re: CPU - Explorer and Winlogon

  • From: Mark Lee <marklee15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 14:35:12 +0100 (BST)

Tony,

you're welcome.  I can only offer one piece of advice
- if possible ditch Norton AV and opt for an alternate
that's Citrix Certified as when I last checked Norton
was certainly not Citrix Certified.

I used to use Norton 4 and 5 on Citrix servers until
v. recently but had to modify the installed version to
stop it running NAVAPW32.EXE (AutoProtect) as this
would run for each logged on user, therefore, using
vital CPU cycles for no apparent reason - basically
when it ran the server just died.  Also, a colleague
recently tried installed in the same ver. of Norton
you mention and gave up as it killed their test server
:-(

We actually use Sophos right now and it's fine, no CPU
hit's :-)  We use TScale too :-)))

Finally, if you mail me off list I have a solution (in
Beta) to high CPU usage in Windows, might help you
whilst you try to resolve the problem, this way you're
current user's are not impacted too much....

Cheers

Mark

--- Tony Brookus <tbrookus@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: >  Mark
-   >does this happen to all of your servers ?

http://uk.my.yahoo.com