[THIN] Re: CPS4 - UPD??

  • From: "Rick Mack" <Rick.Mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:56:47 +1000

Hi Matthew,

I wish I could say that the PS4 UPD has all bases covered, but while it's
almost okay, there are still some issues, particularly if you're supporting
network printers and local printer drivers.

Pure UPD would probably be solid, but the Citrix print manager still has issues
(ie it hangs) with some HP printer drivers and port monitors. If you can
possibly use the HPuniversal drivers for PCL and PS for your HP fleet then PS4
is starting to look good. Some applications (SAPLPD etc) do print rasterising
on their own so they need to be able to do a RAW print and you'll need to do
some tweaking.

Overall, the stability of the PS4 UPD will depend a lot on your printing
environment.

regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack