[THIN] Re: CPS 4.5 upgrade - changing farm metric server

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:27:18 -0700

You would need to.  Now that the Datastore has been upgrade to 4.5, all your
metric servers need to upgraded if you expect them function.

Don't forget to setup the rmsummarydatabase ODBC connection on the new
4.5server before making it the metric server.

Joe

On 7/24/07, Jay Schaefer <jyschaefer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I installed a CPS 4.5 server from scratch and joined it to our CPS 4.0farm.
Can I safely make it the new farm metric server?  The existing
4.0 servers are running Windows 2000 so I would first have to upgrade them
to Windows 2003 before the CPS 4.5 upgrade.

Thanks for any input.

Jay