[THIN] CPQ DL580G2 w/RIB Enabled BSODS on Metaframe Install

  • From: Bill.Ramby@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 08:25:03 -0600

Just an fyi, any of the Compaq servers with an Integrated RIB (Remote
Insight Board) will BSOD (Stop 0x50, similar issue as Q1710031) during a
MF1.8/W2k install. It BSOD's between the TAPI Modem setup and the Hard Disk
remapping dialogs. You can get around it by disabling the board during MF
installation then re-enabling it afterwards. Apparently the MF install
conflicts with the CPQCIDRV.SYS.

In my own case it was a Compaq DL580G2 w/Integrated RIB but,according to
HP/CPQ,any machine with the integrated board will produce this error. These
machines currently include;

DL580G2
DL360G2
ML370G3
All BL-Series

So if you get this error, disable the RIB before installng and re-enable
afterwards.
This weeks Sponsor NetX Inc Thin Client
NetX Develops XP and NT Embedded
Extremely Secure, and Remotely Managed.