[THIN] Re: COM Port mapping W2K

  • From: "Rick Mack" <Rick.Mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:06:48 +1000

Hi,

Actually the syncing will work. However making it multi-user so it will
work for more than one user at a time is kind of difficult. And of
course there's the small issue of being able to sync via a serial
connection only.

The good news is that ActiveSync 4 (when it hits the streets) is
rumoured to be able to handle a TS environment. USB-IT ought to help,
although I haven't had a chance to ty it, and Wyse are apparently
working on drivers to allow USB syncing in their winterms. So maybe
we'll finally have a real answer for PDA syncing on TS.

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
Volante Systems Ltd