[THIN] CMD pause required in a script

  • From: "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 14:36:22 +0100

Hi,

sorry to go back to this but I haven't been able to get this to work
smoothly enough.

I have a .cmd file which I publish, which sets the version of Java I
require to run the Web application that I need

If I only use the first two lines of the script it works

i.e. it sets the version of Java to the required and then runs the app.

problem is I want to set the Java version back to the newest on the
server so any other application uses the new version.

So I have added the third line to reset.

Problem is that it runs so fast that the newer version is copied before
the app launches.

I can put a pause in after I start the app but it would require user
input. before the Java version is reset.
I can run it with start /wait but this waits till the app is closed
before Java version is reset.

Ideally I want to wait for a person of time before the file is copied
back or the app has fully launched.

Cant find anything to do this.  My scripting ait the best.

Script

xcopy "D:\Java deployment files\Java 1.6.0_12\*.*"
"%AppData%\Sun\Java\Deployment\" /e/s/v/y
start "Starting IE" "%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
http://srw2k3-server01.xxx.ie/forms/frmservlet?config=Live
xcopy "D:\Java deployment files\Java 1.6.0_14\*.*"
"%AppData%\Sun\Java\Deployment\" /e/s/v/y
exit

thanks
Ronnie

Visit our website : www.ltai.ie
45999.   Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
Reg. No. 140891.  Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
The information in this email and in any attachments is confidential and may be
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message,
delete any copies held on your systems and notify the sender by return email.
You should not read, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, disclose or use
this email or its contents in any way. Any such action is strictly prohibited.
Thank you.