[THIN] CMC SP4 upgrade failed

  • From: "Pavlo Ignatusha" <pignatusha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Org Thin (E-mail)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 16:48:36 -0500

Hi group,

I finally got around to install Citrix SP4. The installation went through
without any problems , I rebooted and decided I will run CMC.msp (SP4 for
citrix management console). Oddly enough it tells me:

The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows installer service
because the program to be upgraded may be missing or the upgrade patch may
update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be
upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade
patch.

I'm upgrading from MF XP FR3/SP3 so I can not be missing a version. I tried
it on 3 different servers with the same result. All the files were
downloaded right from Citrix web site:

http://support.citrix.com/kb/entry.jspa?entryID=5680&categoryID=120

Can I just use the old FR3/SP3 CMC or what's going on? My farm is W2K SP4

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm not starting up old CMC until I find
this out.

Thanks,

Pavlo Ignatusha
Systems Network Coordinator
Pembroke Regional Hospital
Tel. (613) 732-3675 ext.6150
Fax. (613) 732-9986
www.pemgenhos.org

"All that matters is love and work" - Sigmund Freud.

This Weeks Sponsor: ThinPrint, GmbH
for Microsoft Terminal Services
http://www.thinprint.com/dotprint/index.php?s=682&lc=1