[THIN] CDM Redirector and Client Version 6.30.314

  • From: "Wilson, Tyfanie" <twilson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:09:19 -0600

First, I apologize if this has already been discussed.  I have searched the
archive and come up empty handed.

Has it been presented here that there is a problem logging in when using the
6.30.314 Macintosh client with MAC OS 10.2.6?  I was notified of it from a
member of campus accessing my server, but have not been able to test it, nor
have I seen anything come across TheThin about it.

This error seems to hang the client while logging in, so that crss, winlogon,
and cmstart are running, but nothing else comes up.  On her side, it asks her
for permission for her hard drive, then nothing.

I also seem to get a CDM Event ID (39) Error in the Event Viewer: System log at
the same time this person is trying to get in. I do not know if they are
related, but I'm betting so.

Is there a fix for this yet, besides going back to Mac OS 10.2.3 or running
6.20.127 client and
configuring it to use that client via "Classic" (emulated OS 9).

Thanks in Advance,

~Tyfanie~