[THIN] Re: CCIA Certification

  • From: "Shane A Broomhall (CCI Aust)" <ShaneB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:34:34 +1000

Hey Jeremy,

Citrix can at times be a difficult organistaion to contact.  I was visiting
Fort Lauderdale in May, and as I have been to some degree involved in reviewing
the courseware for the first 2 courses for the CCIA, I had the same concern
about how often it would need to be updated. The project lead is a guy called,
Mark Carter, when I raised this with him, his view was the same as Anthonys,
that the methodologies do not change that often, the way you make something
work might, but the theory behind how you figure out what is there and what
needs to be done does not.

As Anthony also mentions this is based on CCS methodologies, CCS concentrate
their efforts on the Analysis and Design phase of a project, this encompases in
plain english,
Working out what he client has, what the want and how a Citrix solution can get
the client there.
The task then passes, hopefully to a competent reseller to make it then work.

I also understand your frustration with trying to get information out of
Citrix.  I know personally several directors in Florida, but often when I ask a
question I also get silence. I believe that is part of the culture, and where
as we have laws in Aust about what an employer can do to its employees, they
don’t in the US, so at times it may be, they are not prepared to risk their
jobs.

If you want to get in touch with CE in Aust send an email to
training@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or phone 0288700800 and ask to chat to them.

Alternatively as I am teaching some of the CCIA courses drop me a line and I
will try and answer the questions for you, but bear in mind that I do not work
for Citrix.

Cheers

Shane Broomhall

shaneb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx