[THIN] Re: CAG AAC 4.2 fallback connection policies

  • From: "Pavlo Ignatusha" <Pavlo.Ignatusha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 10:03:02 -0400

Hi group,

Just wanted to finalize this thread with information I obtained from
latest conference call with Citrix support. I will go by each question
we asked earlier.

1.      Citrix confirmed that connection policies were not cumulative.
If a user has 2 connection policies assigned (ex. With different
endpoint scans) only the policy with highest priority is processed.
2.      Citrix promised a workaround so user can get portal when
connection policy fails. I'll keep you posted.
3.      Continuous scans are coming from Net6 appliance and EPA scans
are coming with Citrix MSAM. That is why you need VPN client up to do
continuous scans (thanks Carl).
4.      Citrix will only continue to support a few major AV vendors in
their EPA scans. The rest is given away as an opportunity for partners
like www.epafactory.com <http://www.epafactory.com/> . These scans from
partners are not cheap though. Or you can use SDK from Citrix at your
own risk.

Long story short AAC turned out to be an uncompleted marriage of Net6
appliance and Citrix MSAM. Citrix rushed it to the market without a lot
of testing. Along the way we encountered some other interesting
confirmed bug when AAC portal login is case sensitive for home directory
share access. We are waiting for a hotfix for that as well. That's all
the story for now.

Thanks,

Pavlo Ignatusha
Systems Network Coordinator