[THIN] Browsing the Internet via an ICA connection

  • From: Claus Brian <BClaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 10:32:27 -0500

Hello,

Looking for some real-world experiences here.

We're considering publishing IE to our field of 3000+ users.  Currently we
have IE via Citrix locked down to only a few approved sites.  We are
considering opening up Internet access to all sites (except those filtered
as porn\gambling\etc)

Is anyone else out there making Internet available in a "wide open" aspect?

What kind of performance hit \ server impact did you experience?

Any feedback is appreciated!

The information contained in and transferred with this electronic message is
intended only for the recipient(s) designated above, it is protected by law
and it may contain information which is privileged and confidential.  If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this message is unauthorized
and strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify WESCO Distribution, Inc. immediately at 412-454-4800.  Thank you.