[THIN] Re: Browse Lists missing apps

  • From: "Brian Politis" <bpolitis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 13:40:33 -0400

Intel teaming requires the NICS be placed on a single switch.  It=92s
stated somewhere in the documentation, I am not sure where, and it's to
bad for redundancy.  You might want to try balancing your servers across
the switches (you won't lose all servers if a switch fails), but make
sure your NICS are on one switch.

Also, the Cisco solution is better.  I have one customer using Intel,
and the other using Cisco FET.  The Cisco servers show a significantly
noticeable faster response for copying files etc.