[THIN] Re: Bootable Windows-based CD as Thin Client

  • From: "Jeff Durbin" <techlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 11:38:30 +1300

Anyone else used this (PXES Linux Thin Client) and know how to configure =
it?
I've downloaded one of the ISO images and configured VMWare Workstation =
on
my laptop to boot it. I get a boot: prompt and about 9 options. I've =
tried a
few of them. Linux starts to boot and then eventually just gives me a =
black
screen. Isn't the idea of this that I can install it to a local hard =
disk
and turn the machine into a Linux-based thin-client device? I've looked =
at
the documentation on the web site, but it starts with a screen cap of a
configuration screen that I never see.

Thanks,

JD