[THIN] Bootable CD OS install.

  • From: "Ziots, Edward" <EZiots@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 11:09:51 -0500

Folks,

I am attempting the following. TO make a bootable CD-ROm with SP2
slipstreamed, and all hotfixes needed. At my PC at home this work flawlessly
( with help of unattend.txt renamed to winnt.sif and put in I386 directory
on the Bootable Cd-ROM. Also I put all the hotfixes in the $OEM$ folder and
created a cmdlines.txt with all the commands to install the hotfixes.

When I use the Smart Start 5.50 CD ( yes tried more than 1 of these) with
assisted method of installation, I get read errors trying to read the CD-ROm
and copy some .cls, and rmi files from the CD. I tried 2 different servers,
same issue. Tried 2 different CD-ROMS same issue.

Has anyone successfully done this. I am soo close I can taste it. It would
defintely cut my installation time for a server and associated programs to
about 30 mins, which means I could rool out about 20 servers a day or 100
per week with this simple CD.

I have all the documentation needed, just need to figure out the darn
problem with Smart-Start and miss reading files.

Any assistance on this would be MUCH appreciated.

EZ