[THIN] Re: Block access to external users

  • From: "Dirk Blose" <Dirk.Blose@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 13:12:49 -0400

This may not be what you are looking for but one option would be to script =
it in the USRLOGON.CMD file. You can use the clientnfo.exe utility (on =
thethin.net) to get the Client IP address and parse it to determine if the =
user is in house or not. Then display a message and do a logoff if =
necessary.

Dirk Blose, MCSE, CCA
Lead Technical Analyst
(919) 765-4791
dirk.blose@xxxxxxxxxx

>>> JPrice@xxxxxxxx 08/28/02 12:50PM >>>

Searched archives, and other sites, cannot find what I'm looking for.

I want to block access to the Citrix server from the internet for
certain users, but still allow those certain users to have access while
in-house. I've changed permissions on ica-tcp in the connection
configuration before, but that will not work in this case because that
will make the change globally and the user will either be shut down or
open.

I want to limit certain users (not everyone) to only have access while
on the local network, and not be able to connect to the system from
home.=20

John

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
This weeks Sponsor: