[THIN] Big Problem IMA started, not showing up in CMC (says server down)

  • From: "Stratton, Doug ISMC:EX" <Doug.M.Stratton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:17:57 -0800

We are using W2k3 Servers, CMFPSv3 r04

I applied a resource manager setting from one set of servers to another
(physicalDisk, Average Queue Length).  On the server I applied from it
from it had a c and e drive.  I only applied the c: (so I thought).
When I looked at the servers I applied to they had both c: and e:.  The
servers do not have an e: drive!.  So i tried to delete them and start
afresh.  Deleted fine for 2 servers third server caused it to crash IMA.
I tried to restart ima got an error message saying it did not start in
time (usual).  waited and it started.  Problem it is not reporting in
the console.  Says server is down.  The IMA service started no errors
but not showing up in console.

Tried recreating local host cache just for the fun of it.  Same problem.

Have not rebooted yet may have to.   Don't want to.

Thanks for any help.