[THIN] Big IP - need opinion

  • From: greg.pawlett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 10:02:43 -0500

    Hi Folks,

      I have read the Archives on thinnet still need opinions.

    I submitted my requirements to my solution designer and he has proposed
the following

    We will be running the same 1 published app (GIS App) on all servers,
all servers will
    be the same  15 - HP Proliant DL360 servers Dual 2.8 Ghz
    He has proposed running 2 - BigIP 5100 for the load balancing for the
Citrix servers
    and 2 - BigIP 1000 for the redundent Nfuse servers

     The Nfuse side I can swallow, but am I gaining much on the Citrix side
for the cost
   Apprx. $150.000 Cnd. for the 2- BigIP 5100's. Since I am publishing only
1 App
   the Citrix load Balancing works great and is simple to configure.
.
     Also still unclear how these interact with the Data Collector...

     Software - Citrix XPe, W2k Server,

Greg Pawlett
NRVIS Implementation Project Leader
Ontario Provincial