[THIN] Re: Bidirectional COM port sharing

  • From: "Hutchinson, Alan" <Alan.Hutchinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 09:50:17 +0100

I 'manually' perform the com port mapping during logon in a very similar
situation to the example you describe - in this case we use 3 com ports.
Although it's a DOS command it's run within my logon script which is a
KiX script. Something along the lines of :

if ingroup("group")
        .
        .
        .
        shel "cmd /c net use com1: \\client\com1: /peristent:no"
        .
        .
endif

You'll need to check the exact syntax.