[THIN] Betr.: Re: Softricity experiences

  • From: "Gabrie Zanten van" <GVZA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 15:29:41 +0200

Thanks.
Something to think about and to test extensively.

Gabrie

>>> JShonk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 23-10-02 15:25 >>>

I've done a some work with the product...  It is vastly over priced and =
=3D
under delivers.  For one customer the licening meter was a big selling =3D
point, but that function doesn't work.  Same thing with Roaming =3D
profiles,  3 office apps will cause your profile to grow over 40 megs =3D
thus defeating the purpose of streaming a caching.

In theory it's a great idea, but it may be short lived.  The .NET 2003 =3D
servers may solve many of the dll compatibilities issues and deployment =
=3D
issues.

Joe