[THIN] Betr.: A challenge!

  • From: "Gabrie Zanten van" <GVZA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 15:55:40 +0200

One tip:  We had some dos-systems running Citrix client, but it turned out =
to be slow while scrolling through long lists. We decided to do a minimum =
Win98 install, only tcp/ip, remove the microsoft networking client and =
install ICA as the only app. Performance is much better now because of the =
Windows VGA drivers.

If there is an error in the WIn98 os, we just boot from CD and reghost the =
machine.

Gabrie

>>> Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 21-10-02 15:32 >>>

Here's one for the pros.

I'm in the process of converting some elderly PCs (Mostly Pentium 75-120)
into DOS based thin terminals. All is fine unless I use an S3 based video
card, at which point there is about a 10% chance of extremely weird =
colours
when the NT login prompt appears.=20

Picture the NT login box. Now picture it with all the white areas flashing
through a 16 colour palette, spending about 0.25 seconds on each colour.
This only seems to happen with S3 cards and I've seen it with 4 different
chipsets so far on a choice of Intel motherboards. I've ordered a few
alternative graphics cards but the only PCI models I can get have, wait =
for
it, S3 Savage 4 processors.

I know it's a long shot but has anyone met and solved this one in the =
past?

Regards
Angus=20