[THIN] Re: Best way to load mass printer drivers

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 17:20:25 -0600

Printmig will drag the queues and drivers. Then you could kill all the
queues and leave the drivers

In a different way you could also use the rundll to script the install of
the drivers in a CMD file. You would just have to know the driver names and
source location for the INF file.

I wrote a script to install native drivers. But basically I wrote a script
that wrote the script. See the CMD file is repetitive. It runs the same
command over and over for different driver versions. SO you could write a
script to do a write line "Beginning of command" + Driver name (from an
array or text file) + remaining parts of command etc. Its what I did.

Anyway for a sample you can check out my script on www.thecitrixguy.com

Commands would be right change the driver name and locations.

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect
Microsoft MVP - Windows Server

RapidApp, Chicago