[THIN] Re: Best Practices on support structure for large farm?

  • From: Gene Herman <hermang@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 23:38:43 -0400

Re currently have a total of 45 servers in the farm. Of these, one is a
Packaging server, One an admin box, one a SQL server, One a profile server,
2 test boxes and 30+ citrix servers in the farm  2 nfuse, 2 csg, 2 sta.
We have 2 of us who's primary responsibility is Citrix as well as the win2k
boxes and a host of projects.

Normally our environment is stable so we have the doing other things - We
have a desktop group that packages apps so that helps - BUT when we have to
apply service packs or hot fixes 2 people are pushed. you are talking about
twice the number of servers so do the math - this is not a one or two person
job especially if you want to take a vacation.

Cross training is very important