[THIN] Re: Bandwidth utilisation

  • From: Mark Cook <mc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 16:43:15 +0100

The ICA protocol itself occupies roughly ~ 20k, however, the additional
stuff going on such as bitmap caching, drive, clipboard, printer, audio
mapping etc. all add additional overhead to the amount of traffic used; this
overhead really depends on usage.

You can monitor this stuff though, there are enough tools out there, incl
perfmon !  I wrote a tool years ago to present these counters in a GUI; you
could run that against a server and see what a session is upto a little
easier than using the perfmon counters directly.  It's at http://wbisoft.com
<http://wbisoft.com/>  and called BAT in the freebies section.

Mark