[THIN] Re: Bandwidth used when copying files?

  • From: Mark Lee <marklee15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:49:09 +0000 (GMT)

Yeah, an ICA connection is made up from multiple channels and it would seem
that certain one's grab all the bandwidth they can (sound, printing, bitmap
cache), essentially all but the core ICA traffic so watch out !!!

 "Stansel, Paul" <Paul.Stansel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My experience has been that Citrix sessions will use all the bandwidth you
give them. I know they are OPTIMIZED for 20k, but they will use a heck of a
lot more if you have it. We publish a radiology image app. Each image is
in the neighborhood of 3 megs, and pulling one up really cranks up my
bandwidth numbers :).

-Paul