[THIN] Re: BSOD caused by Compaq System Management Driver

  • From: Adam_Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 07:29:37 -0700

Jeff,

I find that turning off ASR via Properties does not always work since
Compaq has the ASR feature enabled in the BIOS. it may need to be turned
off there.

adam

                    Jeff Rapp

                    <JeffR@ohiowhol       To:     "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'"
<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    esale.com>            cc:

                    Sent by:              Subject:     [THIN] Re: BSOD caused
by Compaq System Management Driver
                    thin-bounce@fre

                    elists.org

                    08/16/2002

                    05:46 AM

                    Please respond

                    to thin

Hi Rosemary,

You need to turn off the automatic reboot on software error in Windows NT
so
you can get the full BSOD information. The top two lines are the most
important. To turn off ASR; Right click on My Computer and choose
Properties. Go to the Startup/Shutdown Tab and clear the Automatically
Reboot check box at the bottom and click OK.

If/when the server BSODs again record the top two lines and send it to the
list. The BSOD is not being caused by the Compaq System Management Driver
(CSMD). The CSMD just reports that there was a BSOD or that there was an
unrecoverable fault.

You may want to run the Compaq diags to make sure that there is not a
hardware problem.......

HTH-

Jeff